Saturday 23 February 2013

Responsive//Batiste//Development

Digital visuals

On paper the concept has been discovered, it is now time to take this onto the computer and see what can be created. The first thing to do is to trace the hair illustration on Illustrator using the pen tool. 


The lines are meant to form the shape of the left corner of the bottle. 


To experiment with bring the trend patterns onto the product, the flat image was set as the background to the bottle. In this case it was the aztec patter. I'm not too sure how I feel about this aesthetic as it looks too cluttered. I wanted more white space as this will make it look more sophisticated and chic. However, the monochromatic pattern actually looks okay. This may because of the black and white colour scheme. 



Here, just a section of the pattern has been applied to the bottle, in the bottom right hand corner. I still don't think this is the aesthetic I am look for. 


The two designs above show the old design overlapped with the hair ilustration. This was purely to see if it would look to cluttered and I think it is sill lacking sophistication and simplicity. 



No comments:

Post a Comment